W.S.I & Lifeguarding
Water Safety Instructor
The Blue Hills Regional Recreation Program will not be offering a W.S.I. Course this coming spring due to scheduled pool repairs taking place at that time..
This course will certify you to teach the newly revised American Red Cross Progressive Learn-to-Swim Program. This program requires participants to meet the following pre-requisites:
- Minimum 16 years of age by course conclusion
- Minimum Level 4 Swimming Ability
- 80% on all written work assigned
- Full participation and attendance at all classes
Register online at: www.activityreg.com
The Blue Hills Regional Pool offers Lifeguard Training Classes three sessions during the year. Check the registration site listed above for updates. . Session 1 will begin in January 2015 and end in March 2015 Session 2 will be Saturdays April 5 through
Session 1 - we will not be conducting a Lifeguard Training Course in the Fall Session .
Session 2 - will be held Monday nights from 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. beginning in January 5, 2015.
Session 3 - We will be having a lifeguard training course on Saturdays 12-3 from April 4, 2015 through June 13, 2015
Lifeguard Training Classes Lifeguard Candidates must pass a pre-requisite swim the first night of class. This pre-test includes the following
- 300 yard Swim - 100 yds. crawl stroke face in the water, 100 yds. Breaststroke (these must be done continuous) and 100 yds of either the crawl or breaststroke or combination of either.
- Starting in the water swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive to bottom of pool, retrieve a 20 lb brick, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to starting point with the brick and exit water without using a ladder or steps within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- If you fail pre-test your funds will be refunded.
- Attendance and participation in all class sessions is a requirement.
Registration for Lifeguarding classes is available 24/7 on our secure site at: www.activityreg.com
Minumum age is 16 years old by end of class you are registered for proof of age will be required first class session with driver's license or birth certificate.
Attendance and participation in all classes is MANDATORY.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Review Courses
Blue Hills Regional has established the following Course Schedule for Lifeguards needing to update their certifications for this coming summer:
Full Lifeguard Training Review includes new certification in Lifeguard Training - CPR/AED training and First Aid Training
Dates: Saturday and Sunday May 23, 24 9am-5pm
Time: 9:00 AM to 5 PM each day
Cost: $100.00 District Community $120.00.. Non District Fees . Prior to the class beginning the registrants will be sent a link to a copy of the red cross textbook for this course. Pocket Mask is a requirement, you must have it for the review course, you can purchase on online at redcross.org
Attendance: Mandatory attendance for both classes is a requirement for course certification